Monday, March 18, 2024

London Fog Tea

Greetings all! 

This cute headline recently grabbed my attention - “When It's Too Late in the Day for Coffee, It's London Fog O'Clock.” 

Have you been seeing references to a London Fog tea recently? I have - and so, of course, I visited two of my local coffeehouses in the name of research. 

Image: Brent Hofacker / Getty Images 

One offers a “Misty Step” tea, which sounds mysterious, somewhat cozy, yet a little bit damp. The other had 2 options: pre-made tea from a carton (loaded with sugar) or custom-made. 

I grilled a friendly barista about the second option, and this drink is none other than Earl Grey tea with milk, and if you want to be a bit more fancy, you can add lavender or vanilla syrup. This is it!

  1. Steep the tea for 5 minutes
  2. Heat up milk and then froth it for 30 seconds
  3. Add frothed milk to tea
  4. Add syrup, if desired (or sugar, honey, any other sweeter of your choice)
  5. Curl up by the fire with a good book

Bon Appetit! Let me know how you like it!

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment