Monday, May 13, 2024

Assisted Stretch

Greetings all!
 
Here is the question of the week: Will you pay someone to stretch you? I did! Read on to learn about my experience!
 
We all know that stretching is important and has a myriad of health benefits but how consistent are we about stretching? I know I could be better. So when I read about assisted stretch studios popping all over, I had to give this new health trend a try!

 
I found a studio and booked a 25-minute session the same way you would book a massage. 

This is what the studio promised, "Our therapists are trained to provide a unique blend of deep stretching and massage techniques that not only relax the body but also enhance flexibility and mobility. Assisted stretching can unlock tension and tightness, so you experience a profound sense of release and openness. It's our pleasure to take the work off your hands and provide you with an experience that leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized."

I was advised to wear comfortable clothing so I wore yoga pants with a t-shirt. 

The experience started on my belly and was very similar to a massage, and I did not feel that much stretching at that point. But once I flipped to my back, that's where the magic was. There is no way I could do such deep stretches on my own. The resistance provided by another body just added another level to the stretch. My therapist was fantastic, with nice energy, great flow and strong pressure. It was very relaxing but also intense. I definitely felt more limber after the treatment.
 
So my verdict? A great concept, and the studio delivered on its promise. I would totally do it again (in fact, I did have another session at a different studio) but it is rather expensive.
 
What did you think? Drop me a line! Will you pay to be stretched and let someone else take the stretching off your hands?
 
Have a great week and stay limber!

No comments:

Post a Comment