Monday, September 30, 2024

Random: “Fridgescaping” and “Airport Tray Aesthetic”

Greetings all!

As you know, I love food and I love travel, so I always enjoy learning about new trends! Here are the two that recently caught my eye, and even though these might be visually pleasing, I do not really get the appeal. But, as the saying goes, “Whatever floats your boat!” 

I am curious to hear what you think! Drop me a line!

Image: Lynzi Judish

“Fridgescaping” is decorating the inside of your fridge by using picture frames, figurines, cute vases and storages containers, porcelain busts and figurines. One trend follower claims that seeing their beautifully arranged fridge provides an instant dopamine rush. I do agree it looks pretty (although a bit crowded and probably time-consuming)!

Image: Lynzi Judish 

“Airport Tray Aesthetic” is elegantly arranging your belongings on the airport security tray for social-media-worth photos. When I read about this, my first question was – are you holding up the security line? If yes, then I am definitely not a fan. 

Image: @pipertacih/TikTok

But then I read that “content creators... go to great lengths to avoid inconveniencing others.” So if they are going through the security line, and THEN, in another area, arrange their tray to their heart’s content, I can only applaud their ingenuity in expressing themselves and finding new backgrounds to showcase their likes in books, clothing, and jewelry. 

Then is it any different from what we see in curated photos on social media? It also might be a fun and creative way to deal with travel anxiety. And, if you arrive to the airport very early, you have plenty of time to kill after you are done with security. This might not be a bad way to do so! But I would rather read a book :)      

So here you go! What did you think? Are you a fan?

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment